Re: Transporting EM Particles in multiple regions.

From: Alfredo Ferrari (alfredo.ferrari@cern.ch)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 08:44:21 CEST

Hi

of course you can define as many materials/elements in as many different
regions as you want! You have to generate a pemf file for each material
and concatenate together all pemf files into a single one, whose name
has to be passed on the command line to the rfluka script.

Clearly, or you did something wrong when appending the two pemf files
together (grep for TUNGSTEN into the file to check it is really there),
or there is something mispelled in the FLUKA or PEMF input.

Of course you can define as many RESNUCLEI cards as you want in different
regions.

                  Ciao
                 Alfredo

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Christopher Knievel wrote:

> Dear FLUKA users,
>
> I am wondering if there is a way to transport EM particles in multiple regions made up of different elements. I have tried to transport EM particles in a volume made up of two separate regions. One region is aluminum and the other is tungsten. I have created a pemf file which has both of those elements in it but for some reason the program only regonizes the second element defined in the file. The program stops with the message:
> Composition of Emf medium # 1, name: ALUMINUM, density: 2.70E+00 g/cm**3
> Chem. sym. : AL, Z = 13., A = 26.982, PZ = 1.00000E+00 , RHOZ = 2.69890E+00
> Rayleigh data available for medium 1 but option not requested.
>
> End Of File on unit 12
>
> Program stopped in Emfret because the
> following names were not recognized:
>
> 'TUNGSTEN '
> I was wondering if there is a way to get the program to recognize both elements in separate regions. One other quick question which I have. Is it okay to define two separate RESNUCLEi cards to score residual nuclei production for two separate regions? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
>
> Chris Knievel

|  Alfredo Ferrari                ||  Tel.: +41.22.767.6119                  |
|  CERN-AB                        ||  Fax.: +41.22.767.7555                  |
|  1211 Geneva 23                 ||  e-mail: Alfredo.Ferrari@cern.ch        |
|  Switzerland                    ||          Alfredo.Ferrari@mi.infn.it     |