Re: FLUKA Energy deposition in a calorimeter

From: Giuseppe Battistoni (Giuseppe.Battistoni@mi.infn.it)
Date: Tue May 11 2004 - 09:38:58 CEST

    Hi Paolo,
    what you did is correct. In the sense that by accessing mgdraw.f you
    can define the output of your choice.
    Alternatively, you can use some of the standard FLUKA outputs.
    See in the manual the cards:
    EVENTBIN (and/or EVENTDAT) to create event by event energy scoring, or
    USRBIN for the energy scoring averaged over the run and read carefully
    the advices how to access the readout.

    In this case it is advisable to create the unformatted output and to
    sum and analyze statistically independent runs. (For instance in the case
    of USRBIN or EVENTBIN you have to use the usbsuw.f program that you find
    in the flutil directory.)

    I advice you to use these standard outputs even if you are creating your
    own output from mgdraw.f.
    It is an important check, because the standard FLUKA outputs
    have been created (and checked an incredible number of times) to prevent
    possible problems to users and to just define the standard response in
    many (standard) problems.

    Please take time to study at least also the following output options:
    USRBDX, USRYIELD, RESNUCLE

    In calorimetry it might be useful to study the TCQUENCH card as well.

    Thank you for your note
            Giuseppe Battistoni