Re: Energy deposit in thin regions

From: Alberto Fasso' (fasso@SLAC.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Sun Jun 13 2004 - 23:41:51 CEST

    What you say applies to regions WITH a field, not without. If there is
    no field, FLUKA knows very well how to optimize the step size without any help
    from the user. STEPSIZE should not be used unless there is a field: but many
    users, out of habits taken with other programs, tend to use it when it is not
    needed. It is a pity, because it spoils the performance without providing
    any advantage.

      Alberto

    --
    Alberto Fassò
    SLAC-RP, MS 48, 2575 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park CA 94025