FLUKA: Fluka and Photofission

From: Maura Edelweiss Monville (memonvil@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 20:50:33 CEST

    I'm a physics graduate student currently working on my thesis at Oak Ridge National Lab.
    The project I'm working on relies on measuring certain material characteristic reactions
    triggered by PhotoFission.
    The MC code most generally used here is MCNPX.
    Since MCNPX does not correctly implement PhotoFission multiplicity and
    relative spectra ... I wonder whether Fluka does implement PhotoFission
    tracking both prompt and delayed neutrons and gammas.
    I know Fluka is one of the modules integrated in MCNPX. However, it sound like
    MCNPX 2.4.0 includes an old Fluka version that presumably does not simulate
    Photofission the way I'd like to ... What about Fluka most recent developments ?

     Thank you in advance for yout attention.

     Best regards,
        Maura