Re: Birks corrections in 2-D binning

From: Alberto Fasso' (fasso@SLAC.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 00:37:20 CET

    As I said in a previous posting, those variables cannot be made
    available to the users. This is not an unnecessary difficulty, but
    it is inherent to the structure of dynamical allocation used by
    FLUKA. The arrays which are dynamically allocated (geometry,
    cross sections, biasing parameters, detector data, and in particular
    binnings) have all the same name! FLUKA uses integer pointers to
    distinguish each array from the others (see in the standard output
    every time the word "location" is used). The value of these pointers, of
    course, is not constant but depends on the job: so there is no easy
    way for a user to get hold of them. Sorry

    Alberto

    --
    Alberto Fassò
    SLAC-RP, MS 48, 2575 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park CA 94025