Particle LET

From: Gabriel Sawakuchi (sawakuchig@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 18 2005 - 21:31:24 CEST

    Dear Fluka users,

    I would like to get the particle LET (keV/micron) in
    water. I am trying to use to the USRYIELD estimator
    and choose the 1st variable as particle LET (ie=23)
    and 2nd variable as laboratory kinetic energy/nucleon
    (ia=26).

    USRYIELD +2623.0 -6.0 -26.0 2.0 3.0 1.0 Helium
    USRYIELD 5.0 0.0 100.0 10.0 0.0 206.0 &

    I have run a test with a 0.6 GeV He beam. My region 2
    is vacuum and region 3 is water. I have used the
    usysuw to analyse the unformated data. I understood
    that the first two colums of the file_tab.lis is the
    binning of the 1st variable, which in my case is LET.
    For my running, the only bin I am getting a result is
    the 4.50-4.55.

    1) What is the LET unit in the USRYIELD card ?

    2) Anyway, whatever unit for LET, I would expect the
    result as 2.2 or any multiple of 10 since a 0.6 GeV He
    in water has a LET of around 2.2 keV/microm. Am I
    missing something ?

    Is there another way to get the particle LET ?

    Thanks,

    Gabriel

    Gabriel Oliveira Sawakuchi

    Oklahoma State University