Re: failed to open a file in source.f

From: Giuseppe Battistoni (Giuseppe.Battistoni@mi.infn.it)
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 09:20:53 CET

    Hi Konstantin,
    I answer in part to your question.

    There is a general utility routine in FLUKA that it can be very helpful
    for users which is written to open files: OAUXFI (Open Auxiliary Files)

    Usage:
    CALL OAUXFI( FILE, IONUMB, CHSTTS, IERR )
            file = file name
            ionumb = logical unit number
            chstts = status word (optional, def. old)
            ierr = error flag (output)

    It searches for FILE in 4 places:

    1) First of all: try to open the file in the current directory
    2) Second attempt: try to open the file in the original work directory
    3) Third attempt: try to open the file in the FLUPRO directory
    4) Last attempt: try to open the file in the user home directory

    CHSTTS can be one of :
    'OLD', 'NEW', 'UNKNOWN', 'UNFORMATTED', 'FORMATTED', 'DIRECT', 'APPEND',
    'SEQUENTIAL'

    IERR must be 0 if open is successful

            Giuseppe