Re: Abort from GTEMFF

From: Alfredo Ferrari (alfredo.ferrari@cern.ch)
Date: Thu Dec 22 2005 - 21:39:15 CET

    Hi Helmut

    I am unable to reproduce your problem. Furthermore, the photon production
    cut-off should always be positive (while you have -1.e-06), did you check
    if this is the source of the problem?

                     Ciao
                    Alfredo

    On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Helmut Vincke wrote:

    > Dear FLUKA users and authors
    >
    > When I was running a pure electromagnetic calculation in FLUKA the
    > program stops with the following error message within the first history.
    >
    > " Abort called from GTEMFF reason I =< 0 Run stopped!
    > STOP I =< 0"
    >
    > I used quite low thresholds for emf.
    >
    > EMFCUT -1.2E-6 -1.0E-6 0.0 2.0 30.0
    > PROD-CUT
    >
    > As you can see the thresholds are is 1.2keV for electron/positron
    > production.
    > The starting particles were photons with 662 keV.
    >
    > It works fine if I increase the threshold for electrons/positrons up to
    > -2.E-6.
    >
    > What does this error message mean?
    >
    > Is this behavior a wanted feature or an unwanted bug of FLUKA?
    >
    > When I run the program without the SDUM it works fine
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Best regards
    > Helmut

    |  Alfredo Ferrari                ||  Tel.: +41.22.767.6119                  |
    |  CERN-AB                        ||  Fax.: +41.22.767.7555                  |
    |  1211 Geneva 23                 ||  e-mail: Alfredo.Ferrari@cern.ch        |
    |  Switzerland                    ||          Alfredo.Ferrari@mi.infn.it     |