Re: Fluka crash while using RADDECAY option

From: Alfredo Ferrari (alfredo.ferrari@cern.ch)
Date: Tue Feb 14 2006 - 15:38:50 CET

    ... of course I forgot the attachment

    On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Sebastien WURTH wrote:

    > Dear Fluka users and developpers,
    >
    > I'm trying to simulate a 50 MeV / 10 ľA electron beam on a U238-C2 target, so
    > far so good.
    > The resnuclei distribution seems to be quite as I expected.
    > When I calculate the radioactive decay "offline" with usersuwev program, I
    > get good results, still OK.
    > But, when I try the same "online" this time, using RADDECAY, IRRPROFILE,
    > DCYTIMES and DCYSCORE cards, I get a core dump before the end, but not at the
    > very beginning. The run goes normally till it crashes.
    > I would like to know what seems to be the problem.
    > I figure it's the RADDECAY option, since everything goes OK without it, but I
    > don't find where.
    > I don't get any understandable answer when using gdb command applied to the
    > core file.
    > I don't think that my machine has a memory problem or something like that. I
    > run on Redhat FC3.
    > Is it a problem of time left for termination (defined in START card) ? I
    > tried several termination times, with the same negative result.
    >
    > Any clue ?
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Sebastien
    >
    > PS : Attach file is the used input file "target.inp"

    |  Alfredo Ferrari                ||  Tel.: +41.22.767.6119                  |
    |  CERN-AB                        ||  Fax.: +41.22.767.7555                  |
    |  1211 Geneva 23                 ||  e-mail: Alfredo.Ferrari@cern.ch        |
    |  Switzerland                    ||          Alfredo.Ferrari@mi.infn.it     |