Problems about weighting deposited energy

From: Fan, Ph.D., Jiajin (Jiajin.Fan@fccc.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2006 - 00:14:08 CET

    Hi All,

    I want to calculate proton dose using USRBIN and weight deposited energy by
    using COMSCW.f. But I can not get results as I expected.

    First, according to FLUKA manual, parameter ISCRNG in COMSCW.f should be 1
    when we calculate energy density bin (208.), but in my calculation it always
    be 2, I can not find out why it's not consist with manual.

    Second, I change COMSCW to different values but always got same output in
    USRBIN.

    Is there anything wrong in my input file or COMSCW.f file?

    Thank you.

    In my input file, define USERWEIG and USRBIN as:
    USERWEIG 0. 0. 4. 0. 0. 1.0

    USRBIN 10.0 208. 60.0 .5 .5 100.
    ENERGY
    USRBIN -.5 -.5 0.0 1. 1. 1000.
    &

    And the contents in COMSCW.f are:

    * ======== In order to compute RBE included dose ======== *
          if ( ij .eq. 1 ) then

             enerProton = etrack - 0.93827231
             write(*,*) iscrng
             if ( iscrng .eq. 1 ) then
                if ( enerProton .lt. 0.1) COMSCW = 12.0
             end if

          end if

    Jiajin Fan, Ph.D.
    Research Associate, Radiation Oncology
    Fox Chase Cancer Center
    432 Rhawn Street, Philadelphia, PA 19111
    Tel: (215) 214-1711
    Fax:(215) 728-1148
    Email: jiajin.fan@fccc.edu