From: Ioannis Kantemiris (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2006 - 15:36:30 CEST
I'm trying to use voxel geometry. By using the writegolem.f I create
my geometry input file ct.vxl.
My problem is that I can't assign the materials. The manual doesn't help
me very much.
For example, my ct.vxl describes 2 regions, vacuum and Pyrex. When I run
writegolem I get a list (command window) and at the end : N0 M0 156 2520
(in my case). When I run the input, it stops and I get a message in the
Region # 82 in the voxel geometry has no
corresponding voxel/organ, no way to continue
Abort called from VXLBDY reason NO NR_TH VOXEL FOUND Run stopped!
STOP NO NR_TH VOXEL FOUND
My questions are:
1) How can I assign the materials?
From the manual I understand that region 4 (eg. PYREX) corrsponds to
organ 2 (organ 1 for me is also vaccum).
2) Do I have for every voxel which has different pixel value to assign an
3) If the geometry is very complex (human body) how can I assign the organs?
Do I have to assign for every different slice the organs?
4) How the program can distinguish the organs? For example if one voxel has
pixel value1=100 and the next to it value2=150, will FLUKA face them like
one organ or different organs?
5) If I would like to make geometry of 512x512x... matrices would it be
I tried that and when I run writegolem I get as response core dumped.
Thank you in advance.
(I'm attaching ct.vxl 20x20x1matrix)
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.6 : Fri Sep 22 2006 - 15:54:17 CEST