Voxel geometry-reading from CT

From: Ioannis Kantemiris (ikantem@phys.uoa.gr)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2006 - 15:36:30 CEST

    Hi all,

    I'm trying to use voxel geometry. By using the writegolem.f I create
    my geometry input file ct.vxl.
    My problem is that I can't assign the materials. The manual doesn't help
    me very much.
    For example, my ct.vxl describes 2 regions, vacuum and Pyrex. When I run
    writegolem I get a list (command window) and at the end : N0 M0 156 2520
    (in my case). When I run the input, it stops and I get a message in the
    output:
       Region # 82 in the voxel geometry has no
       corresponding voxel/organ, no way to continue

     Abort called from VXLBDY reason NO NR_TH VOXEL FOUND Run stopped!
     STOP NO NR_TH VOXEL FOUND

    My questions are:
    1) How can I assign the materials?
       From the manual I understand that region 4 (eg. PYREX) corrsponds to
       organ 2 (organ 1 for me is also vaccum).
    2) Do I have for every voxel which has different pixel value to assign an
       exlusive "organ"?
    3) If the geometry is very complex (human body) how can I assign the organs?
       Do I have to assign for every different slice the organs?
    4) How the program can distinguish the organs? For example if one voxel has
       pixel value1=100 and the next to it value2=150, will FLUKA face them like
       one organ or different organs?
    5) If I would like to make geometry of 512x512x... matrices would it be
       possible?
       I tried that and when I run writegolem I get as response core dumped.
    Thank you in advance.
    (I'm attaching ct.vxl 20x20x1matrix)

    Best regards,
    Ioannis Kantemiris