Re: C projectile on Si

From: Paola Sala (paola.sala@cern.ch)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2006 - 17:10:37 CEST

    Hi
    Carbon is treated as a Carbon nucleus.. that means
    -- its energy loss by ionization and multiple
        scattering are calculated according to its mass and its
        ( fluctuating) effective charge
    -- the interaction with Si nuclei is treated by a nucleus-nucleus
        event generator PROVIDED YOU LINKED IT:
        the executable must be built with the
        flutil/ldpm3qmd
        script. Nucleus-nucleus interactions
         must also be activated with the EVENTYPE card
    - Carbon and Si can be fragmented, with production of nucleons and
       heavy fragments.
    - You can use standard scoring ( for instance usryield ) also for heavy
    fragments,
       to get directly Z or Energy spectra !!!RECOMMENDED!!!.
        At each interaction, you
        can access the information in the GENSTK and FHEAVY commons.