Help with Fluka run times

From: Norman Furlong (furlong.norman@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2006 - 08:48:58 CEST

    Hi,

    I'm trying to learn FLUKA by extending the p on Be example and comparing
    total pion fluence. Naturally, the more nucleons involved, the longer it
    takes to run the simulations. I suspect that the USRBIN detector, which I
    use only for the "part/pr" summation line, is doing a lot of trajectory
    tracking, which I don't need right now. Is there some way to dramatically
    cut the run times if all I'm interested in is the total fluence number?

    Also, what's the best way to measure the total pion fluence generated in all
    directions, not just the amount that crosses the 20cm x 20cm rectangle 10cm
    away from the point of beam impact?

    Thanks!
    Norman