Re: run crash: OF INTEREST FOR ALL FLUKA USERS

From: Giuseppe Battistoni (Giuseppe.Battistoni@mi.infn.it)
Date: Thu Nov 23 2006 - 14:38:10 CET

    Be careful, the bug could be postoponed to another event. Maybe Alberto is
    right, but in the meanwhile, thanks to Alfredo Ferrari to whom I asked
    for help, we can give you the answer about the wrong message from gdb.

                    THIS MIGHT BE USEFUL FOR ALL USERS.

    The debugger says:
    #4 0xf7fc93c7 in s_rnge () from /usr/lib/libg2c.so.0
    #5 0x08049e47 in source_ (nomore=0x0) at source-Q.f:647
    #6 0x080dbb90 in feeder_ (kendcn=0x90ce404) at feeder.f:176

    The ref to s_rnge means that somewhere there is a subscript out of range.
    There is a bug in gdb which is known since a long time, so that in these
    cases the line is normally WRONG.
    The out of range exception doesn not occur in source-Q.f at line 647.

    However we are able to write into the .log file the right message!
    If you look at the beginning of the *.log file you will see:

    Subscript out of range on file line 417, procedure source-Q.f/source.
    Attempt to access the 4-th element of variable fr.

    That is the point where you have to concentrate your attention.

    Sorry, this is not a problem of FLUKA but of gcc/g77/gdb

            Giuseppe Battistoni