Re: why dp/dx=<0 ?

From: Giuseppe Battistoni (Giuseppe.Battistoni@mi.infn.it)
Date: Thu Nov 23 2006 - 16:20:55 CET

    That means that you sampled an energy exceeding the maximum value
    that your job tabulated at initialization time.
    This is a typical error which occurs to users which sample energy from a
    source of their own.
    In order to avoid this error you must remember that in the BEAM card
    (which remains mandatory even when you are using a source.f) you have
    to put in WHAT(1) an energy or momentum value equal or slightly larger
    than the maximum energy that you wish to sample from your source routine.
    That value will be used at initialization to create your dE/dx tabulation.

    This is explained in the manual.

            Giuseppe Battistoni