Re: "memory" problems in CG?

From: Alfredo Ferrari (alfredo.ferrari@cern.ch)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2007 - 15:11:36 CET

    ... about modelling more complex systems: we routinely run systems
    with tens of thousands regions, modelling km's of accelerators with no
    problems. There is no limitation in the FLUKA geometry (apart a limit
    of 20000 different "prototype" regions before repetitions, with
    repetitions they can be millions). Again, if you have problems it is
    almost certain you made a mistake in defining your geometry. Removing one
    or more regions and getting it (apparently) to work, doesn't prove at
    all it was (and it is after removal) correct. Only running the geometry
    debugger can help, please run it.

                       Ciao
                      Alfredo

    On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, Silvia Pani wrote:

    > Dear Mattias,
    >
    > Thank you for your prompt reply. Unfortunately it doesn't work!
    >
    > Apologies to everybody for not sending an attachment (for some reason I had
    > thought that e-mails with attachments were rejected!). Here is the attachment
    > with the change suggested by Mattias in case someone has some time to look
    > into it.
    > I guess I can go round the problem in one way ore another, but I was a bit
    > curious as to what happens in case I need to model more complex systems. Has
    > anybody experienced a similar problem?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Silvia

    |  Alfredo Ferrari                ||  Tel.: +41.22.767.6119                  |
    |  CERN-AB                        ||  Fax.: +41.22.767.7555                  |
    |  1211 Geneva 23                 ||  e-mail: Alfredo.Ferrari@cern.ch        |
    |  Switzerland                    ||          Alfredo.Ferrari@mi.infn.it     |