Understanding RESNUC scoring

From: Lindley Winslow (LAWinslow@lbl.gov)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2007 - 04:08:56 CET

    Hello all,

    I would like to obtain more information on the processes that create
    the RESNUC results as muons pass through my setup. For instance I
    would like to know whether (n,p) or pion reactions dominate for the
    production of a given nucleus. I have made a formatted output using
    a user written mgdraw routine and have compared the output between
    this and RESNUC scoring options.

    1) I think that events with iCode=101 corresponds to RESNUC scoring
    with What(1)=1. - inelastic secondaries.
    2) I think that events with iCode=300 corresponds to RESNUC scoring
    options What(1)=2. - low energy neutrons.

    Comparing my results for events with iCode=101 and RESNUC scoring
    with What(1)=1, I get the same results for all nuclei except 6Li,
    7Li, 6He. These nuclei always show higher numbers in the RESNUC output.

    What is different about these nuclei and their treatment in FLUKA? or
    is there something wrong in my underlying assumptions? For good
    measure I have attached the latest version of my setup.

    Thank you,
    Lindley