RE: Scoring Particle Yields in Thick Targets.

From: Alberto Fasso' (fasso@SLAC.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2007 - 03:11:34 CET

    Of course one needs to avoid double counting. I didn't mention the
    "neutron balance" as a mean to avoid double counting, but just as
    another piece of information, that can be added to what can be obtained
    in other ways. I think that Lindley was originally trying to get the neutron
    information using USRYIELD, which also cannot distinguish between muon-induced
    neutrons and neutron-induced neutrons (and, I add, photon-induced neutrons).
    To get that kind of information about the "parent" particle, it
    is necessary to use the mgdraw and the stuprf user routines, and to inspect
    the content of the GENSTK stack after an interaction.
    That is what Yifang did, under guidance by Stefan Roesler, Alfredo Ferrari
    and myself. There was no need to change the source code, only user routines.

    Alberto