RE: Scoring number of elastic collissions

From: Vasilis Vlachoudis (Vasilis.Vlachoudis@cern.ch)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2007 - 18:27:40 CET

    Hi Sunil,

    I would do something like the following:

    I will use the stuprf.f routine to increase the particle variable ISPARK
    (1,NPFLKA) for every elastic event, like:

          IF ( LELEVT ) THEN

    * Increment number of elastic scatterings

             ISPARK (1,NPFLKA) = ISPARK (1,NPFLKA) + 1

          END IF

    And then use the USERDUMP with a modified MGDRAW routine to dump the
    ISPARK variable which at this level should become ISPUSR(1), based on
    the coditions: 1:falls below threshold, or 2. exists the system

    * Write Neutrons

          IF (JTRACK.EQ.8) THEN

             IF (ICODE.EQ.31 .OR. ICODE.EQ.12) THEN

    * Stopping or below threshold (POSITIVE) Unit:50

                WRITE (90, *) ISPUSR(1)

             ELSE IF(ICODE.EQ.14 .OR. ICODE.EQ.23 .OR. ICODE.EQ.32) THEN

    * Escapping from the geometry (NEGATIVE)

                WRITE (90, *) -ISPUSR(1)

             END IF

          END IF

    Of course you have to activate the call to userdump and set the proper
    cuts with the low-bias to stop the group treatment of the low-energy
    neutrons

    like:

    LOW-BIAS 1.0 73.0 1 100

    USERDUMP 100.0 40.0 5.0
    userdump

    OPEN 90.0
    UNKNOWN

    neutcount

    In the routine I am using the sign on the number of scatterings to
    discriminate if they fall below the threshold or they escape the system.

    Cheers

    Vasilis