RE: IPROA and IPROZ in SOURCE

From: Vasilis Vlachoudis (Vasilis.Vlachoudis@cern.ch)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2007 - 16:25:07 CET

    Hi Noemi,

    the IPROZ and IPROA variables take their value from the HI-PROPE card to
    define the properties of a heavy ion beam, when you use the HEAVYION
    particle as sdum in the BEAM card. The default values in HI-PROPE are
    for the carbon ion Z=6, A=12. For all other particles including He-4,
    He-3, T, D they are not used at all, since these ions are treated by
    FLUKA in a special way.
    I think the usermvax/source.f routine is almost self explanatory on what
    to change.
    If you want an ion beam, you have to set the IJBEAM to -2 (BEAM card
    with sdum=HEAVYION) and then set accordingly the IPROA and IPROZ either
    from the HI-PROPE card, or directly in the source.f routine in case you
    want a distribution of different ions. For a normal hadron run including
    (He-4,3, T, D) set the IJBEAM either by the BEAM card sdum, or directly
    in the source.f routine, but in this case the Z,A are of no importance.

    Regards
    Vasilis