Re: Kinks in neutron momentum distribution (Revised)

From: Joseph Comfort (Joseph.Comfort@asu.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2007 - 22:52:32 CEST

    Hi Paola,

    Thank you for the new information, and corrections to the groups. Here
    are my corrected results. The 'normal' case is without PEATHRESH. I
    agree that the kink near 19.6 MeV is not as dramatic as one of the
    original figures suggested, due to binning. However, there is (was)
    also a kink near 400 MeV, where there was no change in binning. In my
    opinion, one or both kinks are still present in the figure you showed.
    However, the PEATHRESH option essentially removes the kinks, and hence
    that issue. My new plots are adjusted for the equivalent of equal
    binning in momentum, rather than kinetic energy.

    I have also attached a figure of the neutron momentum distribution over
    the full range, communicated to you privately earlier. There is a
    change in slope above 6 GeV/c with the PEATHRSH option. You responded
    that the old model had a change in algorithm at 5 GeV/c, and the new one
    is valid over the whole range. I guess I'm a little surprised that the
    new model has a bend, whereas the older model does not. I don't have
    data handy for comparisons, and I'm willing to accept it as being
    correct. So I'm basically ready for production.

    Thank you,

    Best regards,
    Joe

    --
    Joseph Comfort                      Phone: (480)-965-6377
    Department of Physics & Astronomy   Dept.: (480)-965-3561