[fluka-discuss]: Alpha particles tracking

From: Jean-Emmanuel Groetz <jegroetz_at_univ-fcomte.fr>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 16:39:02 +0100

Hi,

I would like to track the energy deposition of alpha particles
(typically with 4-5 MeV) in water. Of course it could be done with
USRBIN, but this is not the initial objective.
This objective is to get step by step where the energy deposition is
done and the value of this energy deposition after every collision
along the path of the alpha particle.
Another objective is to get the spectrum of the secondary electrons
after every collision. In MCNPX or MCNP6, this kind of tracking could
be done with the PTRAC file, but I don't know how I could realize it
with a user file from fluka (mgdraw...).

Thank you for shedding light on this request.

Jean-Emmanuel

Jean-Emmanuel Groetz
Laboratoire Chrono-Environnement UMR CNRS 6249
Université de Franche-Comté
16 route de Gray
25030 Besançon Cedex
France