[fluka-discuss]: Neutrino primaries with source.f user routine

From: Andrea Celentano <andrea.celentano_at_ge.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 15:42:08 +0100

Dear Fluka experts,
I want to write a user routine to generate neutrino primaries within a
volume, with given energy distribution, in order to study the neutrino
interactions in that volume.
I understood that fluka, whenever the primary particle ID is set to a
neutrino one with the BEAM card, is NOT tracking the neutrino, rather it
is forcing a neutrino interaction in the point where the primary is
generated.

If I just set the primary id to 27 (nu mu) in BEAM, and I use BEAMPOS to
fix the neutrino position within my volume, I see that interactions are
present.

I see this by activating a data collision tape, with the USERDUMP card.
My USERDRAW code is as follows:

ENTRY USDRAW ( ICODE, MREG, XSCO, YSCO, ZSCO )
          if (ICODE.EQ.101) then
          if ((JTRACK .eq. 27).or.(JTRACK . eq. 28).or.(JTRACK.eq.5)
      & .or.(JTRACK.eq.6)) THEN
            print *,'NEUTRINO',JTRACK,ETRACK
            do IP=1,NP
             print *,'secondary',KPART(ip),Plr(ip
            end do
          end if
          end if

If, however, I take the source.f file from $FLUPRO/usermvax (without
modifying it), and I compile it and link to a fluka executable, then
neutrino interactions are no longer present (i do not have any print in
the output log) (I use the same input file in both cases, with BEAM and
BEAMPOS cards)

Is this normal? Is there any incompatibility between source.f user
routine and primary neutrinos?

Thanks

Andrea