Re: [fluka-discuss]: Time of birth of optical photons

From: Andrea Fontana <andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2017 21:08:48 +0100

Dear Viktor,
     ATRACK is the time of the current track since the startof the primary
particle, while AGOPPH is the time of photon since its generation. So
ATRACK
should be greater than AGOPPH for the current photon. You can verify this
with a print like:

WRITE(72,*) ATRACK,AGOPPH(LSTOPP)

To avoid the zeros, just print the current particle with the stack pointer
LSTOPP.

Hope this helps,
Andrea

Il 18/03/2017 20:11, Віктор Родін ha scritto:
> Hi again,
> I have tested ATRACK for optical photons and it is working well. Also
> I tried to receive AGOPPH but modified mgdraw file gives me only 1-st
> optical photon and a lot of zeros. It seems to me that AGOPPH is birth
> time of photon at least for this one. Where is my mistake?
>
> Best regards,
> Viktor

> <mailto:viktor94_at_knu.ua>>:
>
> Hello Andrea,
> Did you say that I must use AGOPPH instead of ATRACK for
> optical photons?Is this variable equal 0 when optical photon borns
> in scintilator or it gives time passed since the creation of the
> primary particle?
>
> Cheers,
> Viktor

> <andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it <mailto:andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it>>:
>
> Hello Viktor,
> the variable to look at is AGOPPH (agopph = age of the
> photon (seconds))
> in the OPPHST stack. When dealing with optical photons, always
> take into account
> that they are treated by FLUKA differently from the other
> particles: in particular
> they are loaded into a separate stack.
>
> Best,
> Andrea
>

> Il 17/03/2017 22:26, Віктор Родін ha scritto:
>
> Dear FLUKA users and experts.
> With help of the ATRACK I have opportunity to receive
> information when my primary particle enters to the
> scintillation region and time of hitting of created
> photons into detector volume but this isn't enough. Can I
> receive a birth time of every scintillation photon?Thank
> you for your attention.
>
> Best regards,
> Viktor
>

> --
> Dr. Andrea Fontana tel: +39 0382 987991
> <tel:%2B39%200382%20987991>
> Istituto Nazionale fax: +39 0382 423241
> <tel:%2B39%200382%20423241>
> di Fisica Nucleare
> Sezione di Pavia e-mail:
> andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it <mailto:andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it>
> Via Bassi 6 web :
> www.pv.infn.it/~fontana <http://www.pv.infn.it/%7Efontana>
> 27100 PAVIA, Italy

Dr. Andrea Fontana                    tel: +39 0382 987991
Istituto Nazionale                    fax: +39 0382 423241
di Fisica Nucleare
Sezione di Pavia                      e-mail: andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it