[fluka-discuss]: dose deposition in a detector from an activated target

From: CARNICER Adela <Adela.CARNICER_at_nice.unicancer.fr>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 09:36:38 +0000

Dear all,

I want to simulate the irradiation of a target by a proton beam, and then, at a certain cooling time after the irradiation, I want to calculate the dose deposition in a dosemeter from the residual radiation coming from the activated target. The dosemeter is close to the target. I guess I can do this calculation in a single simulation, so in my geometry I have modelled both the target and the dosemeter. However the beam is broad and the dosemeter is partially inside the field and I don't want the dosemeter to be irradiated by the primary beam (and neither by secondary particles produced during proton irradiation). I want to find a solution as if the dosemeter was there only after the irradiation, so that it is only irradiated by the residual radiation from the target. The card that looks most appropriate to me is TIME-CUT but I didn't manage to make it work. But even if it worked I don't think it is the ideal solution because as far as I understood this card only acts on the scoring. So it would not prevent the presence of my dosemeter to alter the proton beam, especially if I want to place it for example in front of the irradiated face of the target. Or if the dosemeter gets activated by the proton beam, it will be included in the scoring. Then I tried with WW-FACTOR and WW-THRESHOLD in an attempt to simply set zero importances for protons and neutrons inside the dosemeter, but I couldn't manage neither. And again, even if I managed, this solution would not be appropriate if I want to place the dosemeter in front of the irradiated face. How can I solve this problem?

Thank you very much in advance,

Adela

[cid:image003.png_at_01D2A7B7.8FEAF700]
   Adela CARNICER
   Physicienne PCR
   Centre Antoine-Lacassagne
   227 avenue de la Lanterne
   06200 Nice
   Tel 04 92 03 10 83
   Fax 04 92 03 16 52
                        adela.carnicer_at_nice.unicancer.fr<mailto:gaelle.angellier_at_nice.unicancer.fr>
                        www.centreantoinelacassagne.org<http://www.centreantoinelacassagne.org/>
                        Le CAL est membre d'UNICANCER
Pensez ŕ l'environnement, n'imprimez ce mail que si nécessaire.