Re: [fluka-discuss]: Comscw - RULL of exactly 1GeV

From: Alfredo Ferrari <alfredo.ferrari_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 14:47:22 +0200

Dear Sebastian

comscw is NOT the right place where to score energy depositions. Indeed
other quantities go through comscw, probably you are seeing an helium ion
(hence icall 420) with weight 1 (hence rull 1) doing something which is
not at all an energy deposition event. Use please the built in scoring
tools or if you really want do to your own scoring you have to do it
through the mgdraw routine. Comscw is a filtering routine, not a scoring
one, its use is to apply user-defined (extra) selections on a standard
Fluka scoring estimator. BTW, check also ISCRNG and JSCRNG to understand
which other estimator are you misinterpreting the results as energy
depositions.

                    best regards
                      Alfredo

| Alfredo Ferrari || Tel.: +41.22.76.76119 |
| CERN-EN/STI || Fax.: +41.22.76.69474 |
| 1211 Geneva 23 || e-mail: Alfredo.Ferrari_at_cern.ch |
| Switzerland || |