Re: [fluka-discuss]: Neutron contribution to Dose scored with ENERGY

From: Andrea Fontana <andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 15:19:01 +0200

Hello Mark,
     the answer is yes. The easiest way to verify this is to check the
summary tables printed at the end of the FLUKA output file. In particular
you can check the table called "Number of secondaries generated in
inelastic
interactions per beam particle" which should give you the fraction of
interactions associated to neutrons.

In addition you can add a USRBIN card to score ENERGY coupled to an
AUXSCORE card filtering only the NEUTRON contributions, something
like this for example:

USRBIN 10. ENERGY -22. 3. 3. 20.0EdepNeu
USRBIN -3. -3. 0.0 60.0 60.0 200.0 &
AUXSCORE USRBIN NEUTRON EdepNeu EdepNeu

Kind regards,
Andrea

Il 12/04/2017 10:58, mark.ibison_at_cockcroft.ac.uk ha scritto:

> Dear FLUKA Users,
>
> I have received a question about a simulation I am running, with a
> high-energy proton beam as the primary source.
>
> I am scoring ENERGY with a SCORE card because I need to assess Total
> Dose (converting GeV/cm^3 to Grays for particular sensitive Regions).
>
> As there will be some secondary neutron production, I would like to
> check that ENERGY will also include deposited energy from the
> */neutrons/*, some of which will have been moderated by surrounding
> concrete structures.
>
> I understand from the Help file that this is the case, but it would be
> helpful to have confirmation.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Mark Ibison
>
> Dr Mark Ibison
>
> Accelerator Beam Diagnostics
>
> QUASAR Group
>
> University of Liverpool Dept of Physics
>
> Cockcroft Institute
>
> Daresbury Laboratory
>
> WARRINGTON
>
> WA4 4AD
>
> Tel. +44 (0)1925 864056
>
> Email: mark.ibison_at_cockcroft.ac.uk

Dr. Andrea Fontana                    tel: +39 0382 987991
Istituto Nazionale                    fax: +39 0382 423241
di Fisica Nucleare
Sezione di Pavia                      e-mail: andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it
Via Bassi 6                           web   : www.pv.infn.it/~fontana
27100 PAVIA, Italy