[fluka-discuss]: Hadron-nucleon interaction cross-sections

From: NKANYISO ROBERT Mantengu <3477531_at_myuwc.ac.za>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 12:20:13 +0200

Dear FLUKA users

I'm simulating the Ta-181(p,n)W-181 reaction.

*Beam properties*

   - 6 MeV energy proton beam.
   - 200 micro A current.

My problem is that I don't see any neutrons until I set the beam energy to
9.6 MeV which is in contrast with the cross section plot (attached below)
produced using the EXFOR cross section data.

So my question is what cross section library is used to handle
hadron-nucleon interactions in PEANUT model.

Any help/comments will be appreciated.
Thanks in advanced.

NB: The FLUKA input is also attached in this email.

Regards,
Nkanyiso R. Mantengu

--
Disclaimer - This e-mail is subject to UWC policies and e-mail disclaimer
published on our website at: