RE: [fluka-discuss]: Activation of Iron

From: Trinh Ngoc-Duy <Ngoc-Duy.Trinh_at_ganil.fr>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2017 13:38:33 +0000

Dear Jan,

The reason that 3H is produced in your target with neutron >12.5 MeV is simple. It is because of the threshold of the reaction 56Fe(n,t)54Mn is about 12.5 MeV (Source : http://www.oecd-nea.org/janisweb/book/neutrons)
For low energy neutron (<20 MeV), FLUKA uses nuclear data library to simulate neutron transport and reaction, that is why you see the production of tritium only in the case your neutron energy is higher than about ~12.5 MeV.

Sincerely.

ND Trinh.