Re: [fluka-discuss]: Accessing electromagnetic photons

From: Sourav Sarkar <ssarkar1_at_ualberta.ca>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 02:16:44 -0600

Dear Andrea,
Thank you for your quick reply. I have commented inline of your email.

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 1:45 AM, Andrea Fontana <andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it>
wrote:

> Dear Sourav,
> without seeing your input file, I can only guess:

- is the option PAIRBREM used correctly (see in particular Note 2 in the
> manual)?

PAIRBREM is focused on the processes for mostly muons and hadrons. I have
tried both with and without PAIRBREM settings, unfortunately there is no
difference between the two.

- did you check in USDRAW for ICODE=105 or ICODE=208 (manual 13.2.13)?

I have tried using USDRAW for ICODE=105 or 208, it is not working for me
(may be I am using it incorrectly, so still working on it). Where does
USDRAW access information from (FLKSTK/TRACKR/GENSTK)?

> If you send your input file, I can try to help you.

I have attached my input file with email. I hope it helps you understanding
my issue.

> Kind regards,
> Andrea
>

> Il 05/07/2017 07:18, Sourav Sarkar ha scritto:
>
>> Dear FLUKA users,
>> I am pretty new to FLUKA package which I am using to simulate high energy
>> hadronic and electromagnetic showers with user cut-off (PART-THR and
>> EMFCUT). At the end of shower, I require to have all the final particles
>> through mgdraw. However I noticed that the photons which are generated in
>> electromagnetic part of the shower (bremsstrahlung radiation) and fall
>> below EMFCUT are not accounted in ENDRAW entry.
>> P.S. particles below threshold energy are not ranged out as my cut-off is
>> fairly high.
>>
>> I am not sure about the reason, which might be one of the following:
>> 1. Are electrons and positrons assumed to have continuous energy
>> deposition (due to radiation) during transport, so that the secondary
>> photon is not accounted?
>>
>> 2. The photons which are below the threshold energy might not be pushed
>> back to main stack from EMFSTK. I get the final electrons and positrons in
>> ENDRAW with ICODE=22, so I am assuming they are pushed to main stack from
>> EMFSTK through TRACKER.
>>
>> Please let me know what would be possible reason for missing the photons
>> in my standard collision tape and what is the best solution for accessing
>> them.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sourav Sarkar
>>

> --
> Dr. Andrea Fontana tel: +39 0382 987991
> Istituto Nazionale fax: +39 0382 423241
> di Fisica Nucleare
> Sezione di Pavia e-mail: andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it
> Via Bassi 6 web : www.pv.infn.it/~fontana
> 27100 PAVIA, Italy
>
> Thank you.
Regards,