[fluka-discuss]: merging multiple collision tape files

From: Oscar Frasciello <oscar.frasciello_at_lnf.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 14:39:49 +0200

Dear FLUKA experts,
dealing with "large" runs (billions of primaries) I usually split them
in multiple runs with less primaries through the "spawn" option in flair
(as many as the available physical cores on the dedicated server), then
merging the output of the specific scoring cards (USRXXX). So being able
to reach the desired statistics in a more reasonable amount of time. Now
I am using a modified mgdraw.f routine, getting the desired collision
tape file with requested informations. And the test run (very few
primaries, ~1E3) does work the expected way. But it seems to me it is
not possible to proceed the same way with the n-collision tape files,
i.e., it is not possible to merge them from the n cycles' output.

Do you confirm this? Do I need to run one single core cycle with the
necessary number of primaries (~1E9)? Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks in advance for your time and valuable support.

Best regards,
Oscar

--
Oscar Frasciello, PhD