[fluka-discuss]: problems of the COMPOUND card

From: YANG Tao <yangt_at_ihep.ac.cn>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 12:11:07 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Hello Fluka's users,

I meet some confused problems about the COMPOUND card. When I define a gas mixture consist of 70%Ar gas +30% N2 gas,the ratios are in volume fractions as shown in figure1. I don't know the material"NITROGEN" I selected is nitrogen molecule(N2 and one molecule has two nitrogen atoms) or only nitrogen atom(nitrogen element, only one nitrogen atom). I think this is a common problemfor gas mixture definition. Could anyone explain it?

Besides, I have another problem, When I define a compound, some elements(not the 25 pre-defined materials) would be defined in a MATERIAL card, as shown figure2, I don't know whether the density in the card is the one of its elementary substance or not, I think the density here may be not necessary, because one element could be determined by its Z and A, but density could be varied in some cases.

Any help is appreciated!

Tao Yang

CAS