Re: [fluka-discuss]: USRTRACK

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 17:46:49 +0200

Dear Raushan,

your main point of confusion is related to something that has been
discussed at length in this forum, (one of) the last time(s) by Anna:
http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/10384.html

The USRTRACK output is per cm^2 only if you have input the region volume -
that FLUKA does not calculate - in the respective card field. This is not
your case, so your differential values are actually expressed as cm s^-1
GeV^-1, representing a differential photon tracklength rate. The energy
integrated value, which you can conveniently find in the *sum.lis file
generated at post-processing level, is in cm/s (decay photon tracklength
rate).
To get a fluence rate (cm^-2 s^-1), you need to divide by the region
volume. This does not imply to rerun, you can do it yourself on your
present results. Looking at your problem, the concerned region seems to
have a volume of 6.4 mm^3, so your numbers have to be multiplied by
156.25 (cm^-3).

Kind regards

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti