Re: source.f - how "transparent" ?

From: Alberto Fasso' (fasso@SLAC.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2007 - 14:12:35 CEST

    Hi Thomas,

    > I need to define a particle source with circular diameter, emitting an
    > particles according to an energy spectrum.
    > The manual is not 100% clear on this issue, is the following approach
    > correct:
    > - I define the gemetrical parameters of the source in what(4)and what(5) of
    > BEAM

    Actually, you need also what(6): otherwise, you get a beam with a rectangular
    section. To get a circular section, define it as annular with internal
    radius = 0.
    And probably you need also what(3) to request an isotropic source (otherwise
    you get a parallel source along z: is that what you want?)

    > and in what(1) - what(3) of BEAMPOS (the particles will tracel in
    > positive z-direction)
    > - I sample the kinetic energy from my spectrum within source.f. The
    > geometrical parameters are left untouched by source.f and are passed on to
    > the code, which will generate a gemoetrically extendend source.
    >
    > Thank you for confirming or correcting this assumtion,

    Correct.

    Alberto

    --
    Alberto Fasso`
    SLAC-RP, MS 48, 2575 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park CA 94025