Re: [fluka-discuss]: SOURCE card

From: Andrea Tsinganis <Andrea.Tsinganis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 09:57:16 +0200

Dear Vladimir,

At first glance, it seems that in your source routine you are in fact
explicitly asking for the particles to be generated using the position and
direction defined in the BEAMPOS card:

* Cosines (tx,ty,tz)
      TXFLK (NPFLKA) = UBEAM
      TYFLK (NPFLKA) = VBEAM
      TZFLK (NPFLKA) = WBEAM

* Particle coordinates
      XFLK (NPFLKA) = XBEAM
      YFLK (NPFLKA) = YBEAM
      ZFLK (NPFLKA) = ZBEAM

This of course defines a point source at (0,0,-1).

You can adapt this part of the routine with the appropriate coordinate and
direction sampling to describe the desired source geometry.

Best regards,
Andrea