Re: RE: [fluka-discuss]: How to get a complete color bar with figure in flair?

From: <shihy_at_ihep.ac.cn>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2017 08:44:40 +0800

Dear Stenfan,

Ok, I'll try. Thanks for both of you. Since it's a bug of gnuplot, does matplotlib work for this?

Shy Shi

From: Stefan Roesler
Date: 2017-09-04 04:45
To: shihy_at_ihep.ac.cn
CC: fluka-discuss_at_fluka.org
Subject: RE: Re: [fluka-discuss]: How to get a complete color bar with figure in flair?
Dear Shy Shi

I observe the same effect, however only when I make the window really tiny.

Below you can find the advice that I received from Vasilis. Hope it helps,

Cheers
stefan

this is an unfortunate gnuplot issue that I don't have a global solution.
Depending on the version of gnuplot, OS, gnuplot terminal type, fonts installed on the system, etc sometimes gnuplot fails to calculate correctly the margins.
There are various options.
1. Change aspect ratio
    e.g. set size square
2. Change the terminal type. Sometimes other terminal types work better
    This can be changed in the "Preferences -> Gnuplot -> Terminal"
    You can try "wxt" or "qt" or "x11"
    "set terminal" from the command line to see all types
3. Set manually the margins
    set rmargin 1.0
    the defaults are calculated automatically.
4. Change the fonts of the cb. Click on the cb and select another font or font-size
5. Change the formatting of the numbers. e.g. set format cb "%h"