Re: [fluka-discuss]: USRBDX

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 19:06:38 +0200

Hallo

> Is it right to use USRBDX card as I did it(I attach my input file)

no, you are confusing USRBDX with USRTRACK. The latter scores over a
volume, the first on a surface, i.e. the boundary between TWO regions
(you did not indicate the downstream region).

Concerning integral values, these are printed in the sum.lis file. In
case of USRTRACK (averaging over a region volume), they are particle
tracklength (cm per primary) and particle fluence (cm-2 per primary),
being the region volume (cm3) the factor between the two, you can either
input in the card or apply afterwards on the results. In case of USRBDX
(averaging on a boundary surface), they are particle multiplicity (number
of crossing particles per primary) and particle fluence/current (cm-2 per
primary), being the surface area the factor between the two, you can
either input in the card or apply afterwards on the results.
If you are interested in integral fluence and not energy spectra, you can
also use USRBIN, giving particle fluence (cm-2 per primary) in a 3D
spatial grid.

Best wishes

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti