Re: [fluka-discuss]: how to active the low-energy neutron weight window

From: Luigi Salvatore Esposito <luigi.salvatore.esposito_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 10:18:25 +0000

Dear Zhanglu,
for low-energy neutrons, the correct place of the output file where to look the applied settings is the table named
"Weight Profile for Low Energy Neutrons Groups #”, as per Note 3 of WW-FACTO in the manual.
The value reported in the output file for "Cut-off kinetic energy for WWLOWNEU RR/splitt” do not have a particular meaning for the low-energy neutrons, that are treated by the multi-group technique.

About how to implement the biasing efficiently, I can recommend you to give a look at the slides of the last FLUKA course
https://indico.cern.ch/event/604018/contributions/2435673/attachments/1395461/2242764/13_Biasing_2017.pdf
The last 3 slides in particular describe a recipe to select the WW.
The problem is not simple, as comment in slide 28 of the same presentation: WW "...is more an art than a science” (Quote from the MCNP manual)

Good luck, luigi