Re: [fluka-discuss]: FLUKA error: STOP MAIN:GLOBAL OUT OF ORDER

From: Luigi Salvatore Esposito <luigi.salvatore.esposito_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 14:13:54 +0000

Dear Duy,
I ran your input and the error I get (at the beginning of the log file) is the following:

Subscript out of range on file line 84, procedure rpnorm.f/rpnorm.
Attempt to access the 100001-th element of variable tx.

The cause is the vast use of parentheses in your geometry definition. FLUKA use a combinatorial approach in defining region of space: the subtraction of zone with the use of parentheses
implies that an expansion has to be performed by the code, that can explode the memory as in your case.

Give a look also at this thread on the mailing list:
http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/prova/1446.html

Best, luigi