[fluka-discuss]: Induced radioactivity

From: Zhiyi Liu <zhiyil_at_triumf.ca>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 08:24:03 -0800

Hi,
The training slides:

http://www.fluka.org/content/course/NEA/lectures/Activation.pdf

talks about induced radioactivity.

Slide 42-44 mentioned induced radioactivity simulation using 2-step
approach. This is exactly what we are looking for. In our case, we have
different geometry for Step 1 and 2.

Stefan, would you please send related routines and data files for our
reference?

To me, this 2-step simulation is similar to a general 2-step simulation to
reduce statistics. So we should not have difficulty to dump residual nuclei
to a file and treat them as a new source. However, we are not sure what
other 'data-files' (mentioned in slides) will be needed.

Cheers,
Zhiyi.
--
Zhiyi Liu
Tel: (778)875-7880 Email: zhiyil_at_triumf.ca