RE: [fluka-discuss]: about radioisotopes

From: Joachim Vollaire <joachim.vollaire_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 21:56:37 +0000

Dear Tolga

I suggest that you have look at the course material on radioactivity calculations.

https://indico.cern.ch/event/604018/contributions/2435668/attachments/1395470/2242783/19_Activation_2017.pdf

You need a DCYSCORE card associated to the RESNUCLE card if you want to get the nuclei inventory in the target for a given irradiation profile / cooling time combination. Otherwise you get production yield of isotopes per primary particles. Note also that you have to identical cooling times (they will not add up, if you want 1 hour and two hours, then specify 3600 / 7200).
Also the use of AUXSCORE to select dose conversion coefficient is relevant in the case of dose equivalent calculation (scoring DOSE-EQ).
Maybe send your input file to identify other possible errors.
Hoping this help
Joachim