Simple FLUKA input

From: Jason Crawford (jaycrawf@triumf.ca)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2007 - 00:39:25 CEST

    Hello,

    Thanks for the good advice, my example runs without errors now. Right
    now I'm trying to create simulation that calculates the energy spectrum
    (i.e Neutron Energy vs Neutron Fluence) for a beam of neutrons 20 cm
    after interacting with a steel target. I'm not entirely sure which
    detector to use in this case, because I am getting slightly confused by
    the detector definitions in the manual. Could you help me decide which
    detector to use and possibly explain to me how to set it up in a simple
    way? I have used a usrbdx, with two adjacent cubes defining the upstream
    and downstream of the detector. Since that didn't work, I've tried to
    create a usrcoll detector defined by a simple vacuum region.

    All in all I think I'm always getting exclusively zero for the fluence
    at any energy. I Hope you can help. I feel like I understand a lot
    about whats going on, but just not enough.

    thanks again,

    Jay