[fluka-discuss]: Problems with scintillation test

From: pedrojluque <pedrojluque_at_correo.ugr.es>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 15:45:42 +0100

Dear Fluka experts,

I am trying to simulate the light which come from a scintillator
material when a muon is crossing it. I want to score the fluence of
optic photons (more or less I would like to collect photons from 200 nm
to 770 nm) in a detector of 5x5x1 mm in any side of the scintillator
material.

Here I attach the last code I used for this and one of the outputs of
the USRBDX card (I used one USRBDX card to score the photons entering
the detector and the another USRBDX card to all the generated photons).

As you can see the output has only a value of fluence (like a delta
function), and the same occurrs at the same energy for the two USRBDX
cards. I tried changing the number of bins to see if that was the
problem but it isn't. I know that my input has a lot of useless cards,
but I tried many different combinations, obtaining always the same
output.

P.D. I have checked the example of the manual using Argon, but if I
used the same for pastic scintillator (only removing the LOW-MAT card)
with the same results as ever (Only one value of fluence), so I suppose
that the problem comes from a bad definition of the material due to have
missed any important card.

Any advice will be very usefull for me.

King regards,

Pedro.