Re: Aborted runs

From: Giuseppe Battistoni (Giuseppe.Battistoni@mi.infn.it)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2007 - 10:24:30 CEST

    The first thing is: are you sure that you have the very last version of
    FLUKA2006? Which is the date of your release? The last respin was of
    July 27th.
    In case you should try to use that.
    If you were using exactly the last version, it is instead important to
    understand what has happend.
    In order to do that, you should send us all the material of your problem:
    user routines, input file, possible additional files, and the last random
    number seed left out by the code.

    It is easy to restart close to the point where the error was generated:
    after the crash, FLUKA leaves a random seed which was written no more than
    5 minutes of CPU before the crash.

    Suggestion: it is always advisable to split your job in a larger number of
    runs. each one of them should not last more than, say, a reasonable number
    of hours. In such a case you can discard the last aborted run and restart
    using another random seed or given the needed parameter to the RANDOMIZE
    card (see the manual for instructions).

            Giuseppe Battistoni
            for the FLUKA team