[fluka-discuss]: Maximum number USRBDX / MXUSBX

From: <dal_bello_at_stud.uni-heidelberg.de>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 14:52:44 +0100

Dear FLUKA experts,

I encountered a problem with the maximum number of USRBDX scorers. My
problem requires about 5000 USRBDX. However, I get stuck at the 1100th
scorer, getting this error at the AUXSCORE following the 1100th USRBDX
(name = PSdeu_184a):

  *** Unable to resolve name element PSdeu_184a in card ***
  AUXSCORE USRBDX -200100. PSdeu_184aPSdeu_184a 1.
  *** run stopped ***

Reading the manual and previous discussions
(http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/0071.html
  ,
http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/1699.html), I
changed the value MXUSBX in $FLUPRO/flukapro/(USRBDX) and re-compiled
the flutils, linked and installed FLUKA. However, this does not help.
The initialization of the run stops at the same point with the same
error.

Am I missing something and do I need to change some other variables
before recompiling FLUKA?
Or, is this an hard limit (or it can be recompiled just by the
developers) and the problem is better tackled by a customized mgdraw
routine?

Thank you,
Best regards,
Riccardo Dal Bello