Re: Re: [fluka-discuss]: About the use of MGDRAW

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 17:35:09 +0100

Dear Qi Wei,

> I have thought that if there was any point event giving rise to energy
> deposition, the particle step would be subdivided in substeps.

of course point events end a step (while substeps are a different thing
concerning tracking in magnetic field), but charged particles, such as
electrons, in addition deposit energy "continuously" along the step.

> So XTRACK(0), YTRACK(0) and ZTRACK(0) are coordinates of the birth
> location of photons generated and I don't need to use COMMON GENSTK in
> USDRAW entry?

that's right. By the way, in (GENSTK) you cannot find the birth location,
that is rather XSCO, YSCO, ZSCO in USDRAW. The latter, when needed, allows
to identify the generation process (ICODE).

Kind regards
Francesco

Francesco Cerutti
CERN-EN/STI