Re: energy conservation

From: Konstantin Batkov (kbat@dec1.sinp.msu.ru)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2007 - 12:57:03 CEST

    Ciao Paola,

    I compare the sum of the TOTAL energy of the secondaries with the TOTAL
    energy of the projectile. Maybe I miss some elementary thing, but I do not
    understand how can this be.
    For instance, when the kinetic energy of the proton projectile is 10 GeV, I
    get up to ~ 60 GeV in the sum of the total energy of secondaries.
    Actually, my problem is more complicated that shown here and I do not see
    the way using only the FLUKA estimators. That's why I need to use the BXDRAW
    entry. I sum up the total energy by this piece of code:
          ENTRY BXDRAW ( ICODE, MREG, NEWREG, XSCO, YSCO, ZSCO )
          if (MREG.eq.3 .and .NEWREG.eq.2) then
             sum = sum + ETRACK
          end if
          RETURN
    The value of "sum" is set to zero in the beginning of each event.

    Konstantin