[fluka-discuss]: Defining a replica of PET module

From: Nima Ghal-Eh <Nima.Ghal-Eh_at_fuw.edu.pl>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 13:15:44 +0430

Dear FLUKA experts,

I am trying to model a GE Advance GEMS PET system which contains 56
modules each with 216 crystals (12096 crystals total).
The primary/basic module (i.e., a volume with 216 different scintillator
crystals) is defined with conventional surfaces/bodies. Whilst, the
other 55 modules, located at different angles around the ring, are
defined by a set of LATTICE and ROT-DEFI cards. The responses of the
primary crystals when exposed to gamma rays can be simply obtained by
DETECT cards.

But, as we know, in order to locate the annihilation source, one has to
use, at least, two module sets at opposite positions for studying
possible coincidences. Could you please let me know what the simplest
way to define the replica of primary module is? Do I have to again
define a set of new bodies (i.e., crystals) at opposite position or is
it better to use a user-routine?

Thank you very much in advance and looking forward to hearing from you
soon.

Best regards,
Nima Ghal-Eh.