Re: energy conservation

From: Konstantin Batkov (kbat@dec1.sinp.msu.ru)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2007 - 14:18:28 CEST

    Hallo,

    I was trying to score the sum of total energy using the USRYIELD card:

    USRYIELD 1413.0 201.0 21.0 R_TARGET R_VAC 1.0 etotal
    USRYIELD 20. 0.0 1.0 3.1415926 0.0 3.0 &

    For simplicity, I set the target material to VACUUM and primary particle to
    PHOTON, so it is obvious to obtain the sum of the total energy of all
    particles escaping the target: it must be equal to E0.
    Instead, I have found out that in this case the result does not depend on
    the primary energy. I concluded that USRYIELD always gives 1/(dE*4*PI).
    At the same time I get the correct result when I calculate this value by the
    code in BXDRAW.

    I am sorry for these stupid questions, but please tell me where am I wrong.
    My source code and the input file corresponding to this letter can be found
    here: http://share.lizardie.com/etest_vacuum.zip

    Konstantin