Re: [fluka-discuss]: usbsuw is slowed down after a while

From: Francesc Salvat-Pujol <francesc.salvat.pujol_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 15:17:57 +0200

Dear Zhiyi,

This is indeed odd.

As far as I know, the only limitations there are in usbsuw are the
number of binnings per file (400) and the maximum array dimension
(60000000), both of which can of course be changed in usbsuw.f. Even if
you were hitting some of these limits, though, there should be a program
halt, not a progressive slowing down.

Are you running the command directly from the terminal with your own
scripts (send them in case) or via Flair?

How big is each of the output files (in case you can put them somewhere
to take a look and try to reproduce your situation)?

Cesc

--
Francesc Salvat Pujol
CERN-EN/STI